the day is almost over
everything I wanted to do,
everything I wanted to say,
has been said and done;
as I make my way back to the den,
before the darkness closed in,
I start to think and wonder,
why should I barricade myself again;
I reach down into my soul
and grab for the real me
hidden beneath this skeleton
of what the world has molded me into!
sitting with my old friend the darkness,
with silence all around for company,
the thoughts and feelings that
swam inside, come into view;
said to be mine,
yet I understand nothing
of the myriad of emotions,
that have a mind of its own!
as I looked at the horizon,
seeking salvation and release
from the beast that lived within,
I was at a loss what to do!
as the sweet smell of salt,
carried by the breeze, hit my senses,
I thought for a minute,
and gave in to my heart’s desire!
in the garden of life,
I forgot to enjoy the beauty,
and got stuck in a rat hole,
that slowly consumed me day after day;
as I got up to leave for the day,
the boundaries that once defined me
disappeared as my heart leads me
adrift on a dream to a land of sunshine;
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – — – - – -
image from Google
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Land of Sunshine,
You might also like:
- End of Nothing there are so many questions left unanswered time has finally caught up and slowed me down, leaving me breathless intent to teach me a thing or two; disturbed thoughts push my d...
- Real Life another night of tossing and turning
unable to sleep in this journey
knowing fully landfall is imminent,
i brace myself for the moment!
running around in circles
i move around hypnotized
- The Moment i remember how we used to be togetherall the things we used to do we did togetherweek after weekit used to be the same, all the time you and me, living life the way we wantednever a minute,...
- POOF! Just Like That ignoring the phone
as it kept ringing
i am in the middle
of finding my calling;
wasting countless minutes on the phone
talking something that is beyond my grasp
i had to put out an end ...
- Sunshine thoughts running through my mindfind a resting placeafter all the hustle and bustlethat played out in my life; sleep that once ran away at hyperspeed,now slowly returns back, crawling back home;l...
- If You Really Care Around the corner I have a friend
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone
And I never see my old friend's face,