So he died for his faith. That is fine–
More than most of us do.
But stay, can you add to that line
That he lived for it, too?
In death he bore witness at last
As a martyr to truth.
Did his life do the same in the past
From the days of his youth?
It is easy to die. Men have died
For a wish or a whim–
From bravado or passion or pride.
Was it harder for him?
But to live: every day to live out
All the truth that he dreamt,
While his friends met his conduct with doubt,
And the world with contempt–
Was it thus that he plodded ahead,
Never turning aside?
Then we’ll talk of the life that he led–
Never mind how he died.
Contributed by Uma
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Life and Death,
You might also like:
- If You Really Care Around the corner I have a friend
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone
And I never see my old friend's face,
- Waiting for the night Sun - the ultimate torch shining down on all lighting up them all everything is alive everyone is buzzing/active eyes all around ears everywhere i put on my mask live a ...
- If If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wai...
- Things Work Out Because it rains when we wish it wouldn't,
Because men do what they often shouldn't,
Because crops fail, and plans go wrong-
Some of us grumble all day long.
But somehow, in spite of the care a...
- Land of Sunshine the day is almost overeverything I wanted to do,everything I wanted to say,has been said and done; as I make my way back to the den,before the darkness closed in,I start to think and wonder,why sh...
- Some Days some days i want to live some days i wish it’s over some days i long to see some days i wait to die; some days i think i am fine some days i believe i have a problem ...